World Book Day 20th year – Week of Celebrations at Capital School
- Week 26th February – Thursday 2nd March
- World Book Day – Thursday 2nd March
Whole School Activities
- Door Display - Create a book/character classroom door display with children’s help.
- Extreme Reading - Parents send photos of their child reading in unusual places to Ms Moza
- Guess the Character in Reception - Silhouettes of characters from famous stories.
- Sing a Story - Singing a rhyming story to be incorporated into music lessons
- PE focus on reading Sport - A table of books focusing on the health and fitness of sport and rules and tactics to be set up and incorporated into PE lessons.
- Where’s Wally in the Library - 100 little Wally’s hidden in library books (across ages) if found the child must bring it to school after reading the book
- Library Fun - Reading orientated word searches, boggle word challenge, colouring bookmarks.
- Share a Book charity drive - Parents and Students donate any pre-loved books they no longer want (all languages) children bring to school and place in a box in reception.
- Character Dress Up – Final Day - Children and staff all dress up in their favorite character on World Book Day Thursday 2ndMarch.